View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]

They obviously want to get the best they can get for him, but there is no doubt cutting cost is the number one reason they are trading him. There is no other reason to trade a 24 year old player with 4 HOF caliber seasons already under his belt.

They realize that they can't resign him when his deal is up, so they want to get the best they can get for him. Will it be equal value? Most likely not, but its hard to get equal value for a guy who is as good as he is at his young age.

This is my question, If you can't keep a player like Cabrera in an city with a large Hispanic demographic than what is the point of having a franchise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how the Hispanic demographic would really affect what happens...they need a stadium. Unfortunately until that happens they don't plan to spend any more than they are now, sucks for the fans but what can you do. The thing is, obviously the way things are now they could never resign him when he's eligible for free agency, but that isn't for another 2 years. He isn't that expensive now, and I still stand by my opinion that the Marlins are not far from being a very competitive team in the NL east. They only need to vastly improve their starting pitching from last season, which would not require that much. So, if they are able to get 2 starters for Cabrera, then it would be a good trade, if not they should keep him as he is the best offensive player they have.