View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: someone banned me by mistake

[ QUOTE ]

You're not being serious obv so I have no idea why I'm giving a serious answer, but here goes.

Nobody joins a message board for the first time with the volume of a forum such as BBV4L and comes out firing right out of the gate. Nobody. Even if they've lurked for awhile. Even in a forum like that, where quality of post is fairly low, people will dip their foot in the pool before jumping in. Even with my embarrassingly high post count it probably took me a few months to get to 100 posts.

That's why, when you see noobs peeling off 30 posts/day and seem to know what's going on they might as well be flying a banner in the sky that says HAY GUISE LOOK AT ME I WAS BANNED BUT I'M BACK AND MY BBV STREET CRED IS IMPORTANT SO I WANT YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHO I AM. And that doesn't even take into consideration accounts that are anagrams of "yvesaint" - even more subtle usernames seem to out themselves.

This makes it hard for the unpaid volunteers of that forum to maintain any order and obviously a lot of posters don't respect them, so my suggestion was to nuke any account that got to 100 posts in that forum within their first month. Easy to sort out and is a deterrent to future bans too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Tuq sure does know 2p2 really really well. Everything he said is quoted for truth, which makes Tuq a good mod IMO.

Conspire