View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: JC Tran Controversy at Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that there are other ways of colluding and chip dumping. However, what would you classify as worse, bringing an all in hand that was mucked back or letting people chip dump? I don't need an explanation, just which one you think is worse.

This question is for JohnnyG, Matt Savage or RR preferably all 3 as I would like to know if this is feasible. What if there is a way to prevent collusion/chip dumping and kill the hand at the same time. Instead of having the hand still be live when the dealer turns it over, why not have the hand be dead but still flip the cards over. This would then prevent the colluding/chip dumping and punish the person for mucking, instead of rewarding them, when they intend to muck and then get lucky. Because I'm sure we all agree that the rule in the cash game is ideally the best ruling in regards to mucking, but the need is still there to prevent the collusion/chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this, the player paid enough to win the pot and he had the best hand. What is wrong with that?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the rule the way it is but it seems that other people do. My statement was purely a suggestion and was curious to see if that was at all feasible as it seems that half the people in the forum are convinced that the cash game rule should be in effect. I understand that the rule probably would not change in the TDA, but it does seem like it could theoretically cover both bases. Maybe I'm wrong in my theories.