Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Taxes

Okay so I read some of Russ Fox's stuff. Still very confusing. I play 12 tables at a time. Sometimes a table will break and i'll immediately open a new one. Now how the hell am I supposed to keep track of all my winnings and losses when multitabling? I lost $10 at this table but won $20 on that one but lost $2.79 on this one blah blah etc etc. ??? Am I supposed to report 100,000 sessions at the end of the year? Ridiculous.

This is why I ask that someone from HSNL please explain how you file your taxes. Poker tracker shows you your net winnings, is this enough proof?

What I want to know is how do all the high stakes players file their taxes and more importantly, if you're deducting your session losses from your winnings, how do you keep track of all that info if you're multitabling???? Are you telling me someone like Aba sits there with a log book writing down how much he won or lost on each table?

Also, what's a session anyway? If i'm multitabling and I close some tables to go take a piss or grab a sandwich, is my session over? what if the table breaks after 2 hands? Is that a session?

and yes ofcourse i'll speak to an accountant but it would be interesting to know what others are doing as well because not all accountants will be familiar with online poker and multitabling and know what a "session" is.