View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: A5s would you have done things different?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. I don't get this sudden passiveness on the flop from the micro board. You are missing some value!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I may have gotten more value from it this way? Instead of getting 1BB from each player and having them c/c the rest of the way I got 2BB from them on the turn, gaining an extra SB from each player?

[/ QUOTE ]

This time you did, but consider all the sorts of things that can happen on the turn to make BB freeze up or make the other players fold on the turn:

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that maybe even a Q/J/T/9 might make BB go into check-call mode with 4x...