View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: what do you think of this ruling? (B&M donkament)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the forward moving button is really stupid in tournaments. Cher-Ae Heights is the only place I've ever seen it, and it's dumb.

And you should pay the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play at Cher-Ae Heights often? My brother is one of the dealer's there, and I'm pretty sure he agrees that the rule is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-relocated to the area and played there for the 3rd time in seven years last week (was semi-reg. before 2000). Blue Lake and Bear River rooms weren't around when I lived here before. I'll be at Char-Ae for tonight's rebuyament.

I don't mind the forward moving button rule for cash games (except for the 1/2 blind 5 to come in 200 max game at Char-Ae when they don't allow blind chops). If I ran the room (something I have zero experience doing fwiw), I'd dispense with the $5 bring in in the 1/2 game (or make it a $200-$500 buy in game, but I don't think that would be popular with the regulars) and go to a dead button rule.

To RR: In your opinion, at what point is OP relieved of the obligation of posting the blind? When he folds to the raise? When his cards become irretrievably mucked after he folds? When the pot is awarded? Some other point?