View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Latest AP press release

I have been a lurker/observer on this forum for a few months. I have been following the AP cheating issue with a great deal of interest. I have never played on Absolute nor UB, and I certainly do not intend to. I appreciate all of the effort that Nat, Serge and others have made to investigate this. I have a couple of questions/points that I was hoping might be addressed.

I must say I was somewhat disappointed with Nat’s Q&A article. This seems to be a somewhat sanitary overview of the trip with little new information. I understand that you are under a NDA. Will future posts be a little more detailed regarding exact participation and methodology?

The statements from AP regarding ownership (and implied control) seem to be a joke. I understand there may be legal/tax reasons for this, but will there ever be any transparency on this?

I have only seen this hinted at. Considering that US citizens may be involved in the ownership or control of an overseas gambling enterprise, I would find it surprising if the DOJ or some other agency were not investigating this. If even potentially true, why would anyone that remembers the netTeller fiasco keep any funds with either AP or UB?

Doesn’t this whole thing point to what a huge mistake the UIGEA was. Hundreds of thousand (if not millions) of US citizens are at financial risk (albeit voluntary) in an unregulated (and untaxed) environment.

Keep up the good work all.