View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Help-When i have good hand.

[ QUOTE ]
My question, is shall i always rase same and play like a machine?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an OK way to play. But you don't have to play this way in every game. If you have observant opponents in an aggressive game, then varying your raise sizes preflop might give away too much information. But in many games, especially at lower limits (including as high as 2/3 NL live), you can easily vary your raise sizes on any number of factors including your image, your position, ranges of other players in the hand for their limp or raise, and your own cards. Using a variety of raise sizes can often give you greater flexibility to build pots to the size you want them to be. Even in tough games, you can vary your pf raise sizes as long as that variability isn't tied directly and predictably to the strength of your hole cards.

[ QUOTE ]
or shall i start raising everytime random ammount?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You should vary your raise sizes, but it shouldn't necessarily be random. You should have a reason for your preflop raises and their sizes. In a tough game with observant opponents, having some randomizer built into your play is fine (i.e. I'll raise in this position with XX 75% of the time, but limp with XX 25% of the time, and I'll use the second hand on my watch to decide whethter it's raise or limp each time...). HoH talked about using the second hand on his watch like this.

[ QUOTE ]
What i need to do if we are after river and the other player check?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is too situation dependent. Sometimes check. Sometimes bet. Just don't fold with no action in front of you.

[ QUOTE ]
shall i raise him allot or just the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it is situation dependent. Sometimes raise a little. Sometimes overbet/push. It depends on too many factors like what do you think villain has, and what you think he'll put you on if you bet a certain way on the end.