View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: how to master the all in pusher?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a huge problem with a situation that happens countless times at the low limits. i play the 11$ turbos at stars and i beat them quiet well. but there is this opponent type that is driving me crazy. I am grinding them down very fast to a point where they have only 600-800 left. blinds are still 10-20 or 15-30 (sometimes 25-50). now these guys stop playing. all they do is pushing all in with most of there hands. when we see a flop, the usually push then.

How do you guys master that? i try to stay calm, stop completing the small blind and only raise with good hands. i still lay down 98s kind of hands if the push to my raise.
is this to tight? i mean these suckers really destroy the whole fun aspect of the game. and it becomes a gamble, something i dont prefer when i am clearlly better.

thx for your answers. and thx for the great content here, i might not post alot but without some of the guys here i would be so much worse than i am today!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing a lot of $22 head's up turbos, and I've encountered the same thing a bunch of times. What I do usually is just fold in the small blind like you said, and just wait for an Ace or a pair to call.. sometimes KQ KJ i will call with too, but it's hard to say. It makes it a gamble like you say.

When the blinds are starting to get pretty high (say 50/100) and my opponent raises all in, I will obviously lower my hand requirements a little bit, but not too much. it's a tricky situation, and I'de love if someone with more knowledge could chime in with some advice...

benny