View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at Rokers bio on his personal website it appears he only has a BA in communications. Under current standards set by the AMS he wouldn't be allowed to earn an AMS seal and be a TV weatherman due to a lack of a B.S. in a related field. Things are changing (very slowly) in the AMS which is long overdue IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was completely joking about Roker's position on global warming. I have no idea what it is. I was just mocking the notion that we should care what one of his peers thinks.

If Al Roker came out and announced global warming skepticism, people would likely ignore it, if not openly mock him. But when one of his fellow TV weathermen announces his global warming skepticism, the right-wing noise machine like Newsbusters laughably proclaims it meaningful news.

Should we ask Ted Turner what he thinks about broadcast journalism news standards and use that as fodder to claim...well, anything? Hey, he dreamed up a network dedicated to 24-hour news!

But no, according to NewsBusters, ignoring what some TV weatherguy who's "thought about this" and "read some papers on it" is clear evidence the liberal media is 'silencing' all of the skeptics.

Right wing noise machine at it's finest:

1) Spend a long time complaining and crafting a narrative about the "liberal" media ignoring you and your point of view
2) Find someone irrelevant to espouse your point of view using meaningless arguments like "I've read about it" and "Trust me, I know"
3) Wait for the inevitable silence, as even your average hack journalist doesn't much give a crap what some retired TV weather personality has to say about global warming
4) Claim that silence and the lack-of-attention paid to said random irrelevant commentator is prima facie evidence that the narrative about liberal media bias silencing global warming skeptics is true
5) Rinse, repeat