View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After seeing it mentioned here several times I decided to check in on NDNation. Wow. Now that is funny.

One thing I saw that was resurrected from an earlier puff-piece that hit the AP wire (written by a Domer):

[ QUOTE ]
If not exactly chastened after eight losses, Weis has at least shown a willingness to change. Deferring after winning the coin toss against USC, as small a gesture as that might have been, loosened his grip on his own rigid orthodoxy of offense first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let the record show that what actually happened was that USC elected to play defense on the road against Nebraska when the Cornhuskers deferred and so Charlie thought USC would do it again. And he guessed wrong again. It was not a watershed moment demonstrating how he is growing as a coach and person and willing to try new things. Okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weis started an option QB in the first game. I think that alone shows he can try new things.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a Freshman he couldn't justify giving the start to (Clausen). That left the obvious choice of Sharpley or he could go with his own recruit, Jones. I think the way he chose is a great indicator of who he is-- and it hasn't changed a bit.