View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: so i\'ll have a law degree soon...

[ QUOTE ]
"If you like law and want to make a career out of it, then stick with it. If you are doing it just so you can write J.D. behind your name, have a diploma on the wall to impress your friends or justify the other things in you are doing in your life, then get out now.
"

yeah this is a large reason i entertained the notion of law school years back, but that has since evolved into much more "genuine" reasons (mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Most intelligent, successful, spirited people will learn to like...or at least appreciate what they are doing, and derive satisfaction and pleasure from it or what it represents, just the way it is.

Traditionally law was one of those things you just do and be happy about, whether things are just changing drastically and/or it's easier to get information about other opportunities etc, it is really clear that many people would be better off in other fields.

Some people will give you the "might-as-well's" considering you are already in the mix, others will tell u to stop now and go down the other path. Honestly, I really don't think there's an easy answer, you really will have to analyze your near future as best as possible for both decisions, and see what provides the greatest overall utility, happiness and ev...in the end, I really don't think it friggin matters if you have a law degree or not, you can deal, negotiate, etc etc without it. Not only is the information easily accessible, but you can always pay people to do it for you instead of spending 3 years and x money. Then again any way you look at it things are done for satisfication in one way or another, if you want this, and now that you're in it see that it is very much a great benefit for your future plans to at least have it, or have the ability to fall back on it considering...well then, it might be a "might as well".