Thread: The Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]
Agree, TC. Best friggin' week of the year. I'm totally useless at school (and hopefully starting next year at work).

[/ QUOTE ]

In 2001, when everything was "pushed back a week" due to the cancellation of games because of the 9/11 attacks, the Michigan/OSU game was the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving. I skipped all my classes Monday - Wednesday because my housemates and I chose instead to watch tapes of old UM/OSU games. I went home to have Thanksgiving with my family Wednesday night, then came back to campus Friday to start tailgaiting. We lost the game (remember Jermaine Gonzalez? Yeah we lined him up at QB because Navarre was performing so badly. That's all you need to know about that game and the 2001 season as a whole) and the weather was rainy and awful, but I still consider the entire week a great memory. That week is the similarly emotional/fun/exciting every season, whether the game is home or away. Just an incredible experience.

If I knew people who were coming out of town to experience Michigan/OSU at the Big House, I'd tell them to get to Ann Arbor on Monday to see it all. I'm sure the same applies when the game is in Columbus.