View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 100NL: TP meh kicker. Valuetown...but who\'s taking who?

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously he aint thinking of folding? He's thinking of valueraising, the only trouble is that villain probably wont call to much with hands you beat, with a hand like AJ I definitely raise here, but TJ is kinda the crossover spot, I'm just calling here altough I don't hate on small raise. WP to the river by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

klb has this exactly right. It's not a question of whether to call or not fellas. The question is whether or not to raise for value. This sure smelled like a blocking bet and not an extraction bet. I discussed this w/ a couple of other 2p2'ers over AIM when this happened and told them that I thought a small raise is extracting a ton of value and they weren't so sure, so they suggested posting this one.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I'm still not 100% sure that raising was the right play and maybe I should have asked that in the original post. Still, any more thoughts here?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $354.30
BTN: $158.40
SB: $118.15
BB: $96.80
UTG: $98.50
MP: $194.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, MP calls $8.50

Turn: ($28.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $19</font>, MP calls $19

River: ($66.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $22</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $63</font>, MP calls $41

Results: $192.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Sixes) and WON $189.50 (+$94 NET)
MP mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Nines and Sixes) and LOST (-$95.50 NET)