View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: AA ugly Rivercard

[ QUOTE ]
Reads are big in this spot. What does he cold call three (well two since he's in the BB) and then raise the flop with?

Since there is no read, I would put him on a pp 22-99, excluding 66, A10-J10, or QJs KJs, even maybe KQs hearts. Since hero has the ace of hearts, and the ten of hearts is on the board, a lot of likely flush draw hands are taken, so the odds of him being on a flush draw less likely. Problem is, two of the hands we were beating before the river now are beating us, 77 and 99.

Using this range, I b/f, I can't put him on 107 or 108, so basically every hand he raises beats us. Also, b/f is better than c/c because he may not bet A10-J10 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a good point about flush draws, but I disagree with your range for an unknown. I just found a hand with J6o for BB at 5/10 with the same pf action. Just put T7s and T8s in his range seems a fair discount imo. I don't say b/f is wrong, but I can't convince myself.

@chipitcrucial the idea is : if we are beat, BB bets if we check, but checks behind very often a worst hand. So if we are 99.9% sure we are beat when BB raises, b/f win very often 1 more bet when we have the best hand.