Thread: Headphones!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

Dear PITTM,

I wonder if you can help me for headphones for a very specfic need. I am looking for headphones for flying on a plane to watch the in-flight movies. I am open to in ear or over ear. I would say my budget is under $100, but can be convinced to spend more (up to say $250) if it is really worth it. I somehow doubt it can be worth it however, since I might fly for about 3 to 6 trips a year and will not use the headphones for any other reason. I don't own an IPOD and am not into music beyond listening to the radio in the car.

The reason I want the headphones is I noticed during my last few trips that the airline's phones, especially the over ear ones, are terrible and I could barely hear the movie over the sound of the airplane.

I was just at Future Shop and was tempted just to pick up $40 JVC in ear phones, but stopped because I was not sure that they would plug into the airplane's 2 prong systems. Please let me know whether your recommended phones will come airplane ready, with any necessary adapters, or recommend places to get the adapters.

Finally, I would even appreciate good places online to order these things. I live in Toronto, Canada (Thornhill to be exact) so places to buy around here would be ok too.

Thanks in advance.