View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Live; Deep- What is my most viable line?

So I ended up checking behind due to a tell he gave off when the ten came, where he looked at his chips quickly and then shook his and and checked to me. I had seen him do this weird false tell thing everytime his draw came in so I decided to check behind. I think in a vacuum or in the internet this is an easy push on the river, but I had to go with my gut live. I probably should have included this read earlier, but I thought it might muddle up the analysis I would get because the value of live reads and tells in a particular spot is hard to quantify and balance against the conventional strategy if you are not there to witness their occurrence.

His small preflop raise also gave me pause on the river, since if he had a jack, I presumed that a ten would be one of his most likely side cards since his small preflop raise indicated a hand he wanted to play multiway like a run down hand.

He had QJ108 suited at least one way. He knew I was aggro and had a decent hand so his river check was intended to be a trap. Even though I lost the minimum here, this hand has still been bugging me because I feel like I may have misplayed the turn and left myself with too much money on the river which would have been an autobet if I had raised the pot on the 4th street and committed myself there. Since this guy is so easy to play against however, I thought at the time I would leave myself one more decision after the turn because I was fairly likely to be able to correctly determine whether or not to put the money in there.