View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 PM

Default 5/10, Ultra-deep, trips on turn

This is a live, 9-handed 5/10 game. The game has been quite loose with many multi-way raised pots. I have been the LAGgiest player at the table. I have been raising preflop frequently and have been very aggressive postflop, and I have been caught in a couple of big bluffs already. The table probably views me as an overaggressive LAGtard but not a complete idiot. The villain in this hand has been very loose preflop, but he definitely knows what he is doing and has shown to be fearless in previous big hands.

Relevant stacks: Villain has about $5000 and I cover.

I get AKo UTG+1 and raise to $55. Villain, two seats to my left, calls and there are two other callers behind. The blinds fold.

Flop (pot = $235): A64 rainbow. I lead out for $200, villain quickly calls and the other players fold. This is standard up to this point, right?

Turn (pot = $635): A64(A) rainbow. I bet $600; villain thinks for a while and minraises to $1200. How should I proceed? Should I have checked the turn instead? Keep in mind that if I call the raise, villain still has about 350bb left.