View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Politicians For and Against Online Poker, August 29, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
House Summary (11/8/07):

<font color="white">.....................</font> Dem<font color="white">.....</font>Rep

with us<font color="white">............</font>112<font color="white">......</font>15
neutral<font color="white">............</font>109<font color="white">......</font>72
against us<font color="white">.........</font>17<font color="white">.....</font>113

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice statistics to counter those Republicans who come on here every so often saying anti-IG legislation is not a partisan thing (at least on the federal level).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Until I did the first iteration of this, we really had no data showing the partisan divide. The extent of it was eye-opening, for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is indeed partly due to political philsophies but I feel it can be overcome by a slight change in our overall strategy.

For example in our meeting with Tom Davis' (R-VA-11th District) staffer, the freedom and skills case was getting no traction. When the discussion changed to the billions of new tax revenue and uncollected existing taxes ANNUALLY, in fact made even more difficult to collect by the UIGEA I felt and noticed a change in the staffer's attention to the overall discussion.

Just a thought,

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of it is also driven by the opposition of social conservative organization to any gaming. Dems aren't nearly as concerned about their Christian Coalition ratings as Republicans are. Hopefully we can show these reps that the social conservatives aren't as strong as they like to make themselves appear to be.