View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL: How\'s my line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flat calling here is a weak play IMO b/c any river card is a scare card for me and I dont want to face a push on that street.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, though, if your read on Villain is that he'll probably fire again on the river no matter what he has, then I think flat calling is better than checkraising.

The checkraise does not protect your hand against this guy (or at least not enough to make it worth bothering with if Villain will fire again with A9o UI on the river). The checkraise gets value versus a flush draw and worse pairs, but, then again, was this Villain really going to check a bust behind on the river? And if he has XX, there certainly is something to say for letting him continue to bluff, despite the fact that that XX could have 6 outs versus your 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I flat call and he has 2 non-paired overs he has 6 outs to win. Thus, any non 8 is a scare on the river. I feel protecting my hand is necessary against a possible 6 out draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it really depends on Villain's tendencies. I mean, if that turn bet is very likely the last money he's putting in UI with A9o (or if he'll often just make some trivial symbolic river bluff instead of betting big again), then, sure, you should push him off of it now. But if he's going to make a desperation river push (or something close to it) instead, then you're letting him off easy with his 6-outer (a 6-outer is only going to suck out on you on the river about 1 in 7 times).