View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: 10/20 nl hand at the commerce

Wait, this was me. Who are you special pt? You got the action way wrong, and didn't include my reads at all. First off to limon I bought in 4K deep, and had a 12K stack do to winning pots prior to this. Villian had moved from the must move with a 6.8K stack actually. I didn't know him that well, but prior to him coming to the table I overheard him discussing a big hand with the only pretty good player that was at my table (Kevin if you know the commerce folks), and if I had to guess at the time, I would say he is a live pro, and seemed pretty nitty. He also had barely played a hand in his first 3 rounds at the table.

Meanwhile, I had a bit of a maniacal image, but hadn't really gotten out of line. However I had gotten it all in against AA with a flush draw and gunshot the hand before and won a big pot when I hit my straight on the river.

So I was in middle position, villian limped utg one other person limped, I limped with red 66, makes a smallish raise ($60), sb calls, bb calls, utg calls, i call and the other guy.

So there is like $360 in the pot, and the flop comes Js8s6s. it checks to me, I bet $300, utg calls, everyone else folds. The turn comes another 8. UTG checks, I bet 750, he raises to 2500, leaving himself with about 3.5K left.

In general, I don't fold full houses live, but right here, I would certainly be considering folding a flush, and my hand is similar in strength to that. This guy really didn't seem like the type to play even the nut flush like this after I bet into 6 people on the flop, and didn't slow down once the board paired. Honestly, I think I should have quietly folded the turn here, but I couldn't bring myself to fold it.

So I called, and he pushed the river. I didn't fold right away then, in fact, I was pretty sure I had to call due to the pot odds. However, I turned over my hand to try to get a reaction from him. What I didn't know was that at commerce there is a rule that if you expose you hand the floor is called and when he gets there you need to make a decision in 10 seconds of him getting there. ugg.. so i was still going through the hand in my head, and i miscounted his push, because i didn't have time to ask the dealer to count it down, and thought it was 4.5K into a 6K pot instead of 3.5 K into the pot. so when the clock ran down i mucked my hand.

Anyhow, Maybe it was a bad fold, and if I had to do it again, I definately wouldn't let the table know what I was folding. But I don't think this is the easy fist pumping call it would be against 3/4 of the people at that table.