View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Update from the PPA

[ QUOTE ]
Bryan, I posted in another thread about the PPA's stance on the IGREA. I'm not going to retype the whole post. But I will reiterate my suggestion. The PPA needs to stop pushing the IGREA as a solution or compliance with the WTO decisions because it does not, in any way comply, with the WTO decision.
Also, it would be helpful if you read all the threads before you post news. You will usually find a thread already started on the news and can post in that thread. This one is one your information http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12866224

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bureau of National Affairs article claims IGREA addresses the WTO concerns:

[ QUOTE ]
The Frank bill would allow individual states to determine the extent of gambling permitted; allow Internet gambling to occur on the same basis as domestic gambling, removing arguments that U.S. laws are discriminatory; put into place appropriate protections instead of driving Internet gambling into illegal channels, and raise monies that could fund Capitol Hill priorities, Pomper said (81 ITD, 04/27/07).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this address it perfectly? It likely would have two or three years ago, as it would have opened our Internet horseracing access nationwide and other markets on a state-by-state basis. Will this still do the trick? It can certainly be proposed (it beats the current U.S. proposals to address it).