View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But why should all of her money be confiscated if she only recently (if you believe the accusations) became a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

because they specifically state if you [censored] with our TOS we will confiscate all of your monies. sillysal agreed to their policy when she played on ftp. its better that way, since there is no punishment for cheating in online poker, this is the maximum punishment, and it should be enforced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say that it's found that she only recently stared playing as a bot, and only $20k needs to be refunded to cheated players. What happens to the other $27k? Party at the FT offices?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say chances of that are very very low. Let's say her "bot" winnings were only $5,000. This does NOT mean that only $5,000 will need to be refunded. In winning that $5,000, she will have won and lost many pots. For example, she may have lost $50,000 and won $55,000 to end up with that $5,000. Of course, FT will not be able to recover the $50,000 she lost, but they will need to pay back as much as they can of the $55,000 she won.

I have no idea what the actual ratio would be, but I'm pretty sure that most of us would find that our wins & losses to individual players in a given period would be several times our net wins (or losses). This is why when the refunds come out, players generally don't get as much back as they lost to the bot(s) in question.