View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: should i continue playing poker? lost my bankroll 3 times but broken

OP, first of all, paragraphs would help, hehe. That hurt my eyes.

Anyway, I can relate to your problem. My experience has been limited to Full Tilt, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to be a consistent winner on Party Poker. Full Tilt has been a different story, however.

At first, it was fine. I deposited $600 and grinded it out until I had earned by 100% deposit bonus. Over the next couple months, I picked up some other bonuses from Full Tilt. Plus, I was getting Rakebreak every month. On top of all of that, I was actually winning a little bit.

I got close to $3,000 in March, mostly playing .50-1 NL. However, it was all downhill from there. I stopped winning. In the summer, I had to cash a good amount out. I have not been able to win consistently at the cash games. For one thing, it is evident that the players are much better on Full Tilt than they were on Party Poker.

Lately, I've just been trying to find a game that works for me. I have tried NL from .10-.25 up to 1-2. I have also ventured into the world of PLO and even NLO Hi/Lo. I have played sit n' gos and tournaments. Nothing seems to be working. I'm basically a break-even player right now. It's very frustrating.

I really don't know what advice to give you. My attitude is similar to yours. I know I can play poker. I have memories of how well I used to do, and I'm not willing to accept that I have forgotten how to win.

Personally, I'm going to keep plugging away and see what happens. I'm going to try playing more live poker too.