View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Typical Session Swings in LHE???

Thanks for the info guys. For some reason I thought LHE was going to be *WORSE* than NL in terms of swings. It looks like the opposite is true.

Here's an intersting post I pulled from another forum that talked about the difference in standard deviation as well...

"I've found that my standard deviation (quantitative variance) in limit is between 1/3 and 1/5 what it is in no limit. For example, my std dev in nl is 40/50ptbb/100 hands and 10/18ptbb/100 hands in limit. My winrate also tends to fall in a similar range (5-10bb/100 nl and 1-3bb/100 limit).

Given this data it is apparent that an equivilant limit game will have 3x to 5x larger blinds than it's no limit counterpart for myself. Thus a 2/4nl game has an equivilant variance and win rate to a 6/12 through 10/20 limit game.

This data also holds true to standard bankroll reccomendations given for limit and no limit. NL players tend to recommend 20-40 buy ins for a given level. If you do the math that is 1000-2000ptbbs. Limit players give the recommended bankroll of 200-500ptbbs. Once again our math finds that a nl game with a big blind size of x tends to be equivilant to a limit game with a big blind size between 3x and 5x."