View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 7, Metagame and Concentrat

[ QUOTE ]
[...] I'd really like to know what, if anything, you look for in pokertracker/PA HUD when you don't otherwise have notes on a player [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

PA HUD (in combination) with PT is simply the best anyone can do to make life easier. What I´m doing is to have a permanent look to VP$IP, PFR, TA and #Hands - just to have a quick overview for standard situations.

If I indeed come into a tough situation or plan to make a move I just click on the players name and (independent from the figures I directly displayed on the screen) I will get a complete list of the statistical figures of that player.

Valuable data besides the mentioned ones are "Flop Aggression", "Turn Aggression", "Fold to Flop bet", "Fold to Turn Bet", "Fold to River Bet", "Attempt to Steal", "Fold SB/BB to Steal".

Summarized nearly any figures can help you to judge a situation correctly.

<u>Examples:</u>

<ul type="square">[*]If a player raises pf and checks the flop just take a look at his C/R-rate and you will know how to proceed.[*]If a player has a low "fold to flop-bet"-rate but a high "fold-to-turn-bet"-rate, I´m tempted to fire a 2nd-barrel nearly any time with ATC if I´m HU against him and have the initiative.[*]If he instead has a high "Flop Aggression"-factor but a very low "Turn Aggression", maybe even in combination with a high "Fold-to-Turn-Bet"-Rate you´ll know what to do: call the (obvious) c-bet on an adequate board, let him check the turn and smash a reasonable bet into his face. He will mostly fold - if the stats don´t lie. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img][*]If one has a very high "Attempt-to-Steal-Blind"-Rate I´ll look for situations to resteal on him.[/list]There will be much more examples but I´ll stop here.

Hope this helps somehow ...