View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Why is \'chip dumping\' HU bad?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yup an example with $100 stacks would be Player A raises to 99.95, Player B moves in for $100 total, and Player A folds.

Great way to get your account suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]
This brings up an interesting question for me.

I was once in satellite for $200 buyin Sunday tourney. There were three players left (me included). The payout was 2 seats and third was about $180. For some reason, I decided that I wanted the money rather than the seat (there are no tourney dollars at this site).

So I told my two villains that I wanted third. They were naturally suspicious (I was actually chip leader). The blinds were still fairly low so I said I could either sit out and you guys can spend the next half hour stealing my blinds or I could basically dump my chips and save them time (which I did).

I am hoping this doesn't qualify as cheating. I haven't heard from the site administrators (it was actually at Absolute a few months ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a problem but I don't understand why you had to dump anything. There's just 3 left and 1st and 2nd pay the same. If everyone agrees that you'll take 3rd then there's nothing left for the other 2 to play for. Game over.

edit: I guess since it was online you had to at least continue play until down to 2 so your only choice was to dump? But it's still a deal between all parties so if thats what you needed to do to get the deal consummated then thats what you do.