View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

Although this is kind of an aside, I do think there is a difference between theft from corporations and individuals, and that many will draw a line in the sand between the two. I once had a roommate and co-worker who was fired for stealing money from the register. For a few months after that we continued to be roommates and it never dawned on me to lock stuff up or otherwise be concerned that he would take stuff from me. Maybe he did but I doubt it.

That's only marginally addressing the OP. Of course he shouldn't do it because it's a friend of a friend. By the way how exactly do you steal $6K from a company before you get caught? They balance the tills every night, this should have been noticed far sooner. But I suspect that some people have a much easier time justifying theft from "the man" and that many of those wouldn't think to take money from a friend.

Not sure where I am going with that. Also, that roommate had a super cute girlfriend who was way out of his league and that pissed me off at the time. She was studying to be a nurse and a few years later I ran into her somewhere and got her digits and tried to get my mack on but she didn't call me back. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]