View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

They have said here quite a few times that they are looking at possibly re-doing the SN freerolls.
Similar points to your have been brought up quite a few times and Stars has seen them.

My hunch is that they will change the freeroll stuff for 2008 but they aren't going to announce the changes very far in advance if at all and there's no telling at all what exactly those changes will be.

I have agree with you before that the Stars SN tourneys should be for SN's only and would serve as a good incentive to some other players to GET to SN.

Stars may be going on the argument that some of the plat's and gold's are paying FPP's into the satellite system to essentially help fun the $50k freerolls although I'm not in love with that argument.
They can also argue that by giving those players the opportunity to sat their way into the weekly freeroll they are essentially giving them more encouragement to keep on playing which generally is going to help the SN players.

I don't buy the argument that all SN players are 'tough' or 'good'. I'm the biggest example that isn't the case.
But I do believe that most plat's and lower are generally not so fantastic and you would rather have more of them in your games than SN's.
I don't really want them to 'share' in my freeroll value though just to keep them around in the cash-games a little bit more because I just don't buy that it has THAT much of a difference in the quality of the games.

These are all different things that they're looking into I'm sure. Finding the right balance of keeping the SN's happy but also encouraging the lower levels to try to play more and perhaps even strive to make SN.