View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: A couple of questionable pushes given 15+ BB (6 max, 30 and a 20)

I guess that in (2) those moves may be obvious, but if you think you can stack off a weak ace with As10s when you know this limp isn't a strong hand, then why not? It's still profitable - or it has been in situations like this before. These limps turn into calls with weak aces when they see the "massive overbet." Plus, if I raise to 480, he calls, now I'm OOP and dealing with a bunch of crap whilst pot = 40% of his stack. I dunno.

I dunno, Rex. Basically, my experience here with 15BB stacks at 750 is that when I raise 150 against a hyper looose player who is going to call me down so goddamn light with any two that when an over comes up, I'm going to either win because I have the best hand or lose or be lost even if he does check. I mean, with 600 left and 300 in the pot, what do I do - bet 150 and fold to a push? Sounds like ass.

If I push, this type of player is going to slam click that button with broadways, 77, 66, Ax. I think, if I did a calc. on his calling range, I'm probably getting like 60/40 or something like that. I don't mind picking up the 75 chips either.

So, doesn't this make pushing in these spots fine?