View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: \"Self Exclusion\" and until when

Yeah, I agree with Towlies, until I started losing every 70/30 under the sun, STTs have been my bread and butter as well. I can't help that the last 6 $20/18s have all ended with me right outside the cash losing a major pot 70/30, but before that, I was pwning the 20s so hard and feel like I will again. Or that I mange to get my opponent to put in 25BB with A6 against A10 or KK v. 108o and lose.

If you think that players in 20 or 30 6max understand "basic strategy," you are dead wrong. I mean, these players do the dumbest [censored] imaginable as long as you manipulate them properly. They call down light as all [censored] [censored], they make poor OOP plays, their flop play is predicatable and just [censored] terrible, and a solid game plan translates into profit in the long run. They could read any goddamn SNG book under the sun, poker is complicated enough so that players who actually know what the [censored] they are doing in real time will still compete well against the average [censored] $20 STT player. With ease.

I haven't made a mistake for a major pot in a long time; I'm just getting called down so [censored] light, finding myself ahead playing big pots, and losing all of them. It sucks, because now I'm on like a 20 buy in downswing (it's so gross). I dunno what to dooooo, but I don't want to stop, because I'm getting my $$ in good. So I just don't care anymore - I'm sticking to how I've played over the past few months where I was killing these games when I got my $$ ahead. When I start making major errors, I will stop.

Barry