View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: This Season of SNL

"...means I somehow don't like sketch comedy is pretty ridiculous and I think a bit insulting even."

Heh. If you find this insulting then I think your skin is a little thin, Bob.

The fact is that SNL has been pretty good over the past year and a half. Since the loss of Will Ferrell they have gone through a painfully bad patch with casts like this:

Rachel Dratch
Jimmy Fallon
Tina Fey
Darrell Hammond
Chris Kattan
Tracy Morgan
Chris Parnell
Amy Poehler
Maya Rudolph
Horatio Sanz
Fred Armisen
Dean Edwards
Will Forte
Seth Meyers
Jeff Richards

Not that everyone on that list was horrible but Jimmy Fallon as your main player just isn't going to cut it. In addition to bringing in some strong young players they also trimmed the cast from 15 to 11 which has tightened things up. They have a solid cast at the moment and I stand by my comments.

If you don't like the show now you probably never will be nor were you ever much of a fan of SNL or sketch comedy in general - which is fine, this isn't the end of the world - there's a lot of stuff that people enjoy that I'm not a fan of... whatever. Perhaps I could qualify it and say televised sketch comedy. There is something about the atmosphere when seeing this stuff live that can make mediocre skits amusing - especially if it is improvised versus scripted.