View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Earth is unique and just right for humans indicates a divine plan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But don't scientists acknowledge that the earth is very unique in so many attributes that manage to sustain life that the odds that we could sustain life if it wasn't a plan are astronomical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't be the only one who had a good hearty laugh after reading this one.

Your post is so uninformed it is scary. People who know nothing about astronomy should either make an effort to learn it, or simply stfu. All you are doing at the moment is spreading ignorance. Familiar territory for a Christian though I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be sure you read my Is This True? Why or Why Not? post. Maybe you need to think about your interpersonal relationship skills.

I didn't spread any ignorance. I asked a question.

Your post is what displayed ignorance. You displayed absolutely no knowledge in your response whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not astronomical since we have only found life on the one that can support it. Given the hundreds of billions of planets circling stars in each of the hundreds of billions of galaxies, it's really not all that astronomical that one should have good conditions, and that if/when it does, life might develop on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unfair. We have no evidence upon which we can formulate any estimate save that abiogenesis has occured once. Add to this the fact that many evolutionary biologists believe that abiogenesis only occured once on Earth.

I've heard creationists suggest that undirected abiogenesis is akin to a tornado passing through a junk yard and assemblying a jet airplane. I'm begining to think it's more like a strong breeze spading a random deck of cards. Or life is everywhere.