View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, has anyone mentioned the possibility that gold knew where doyle was at and made that play exactly for that reason?
I know that everyone here despises gold and think he is the worst player so i assume the answer is no.
Nonetheless, could this have been an intentional great play from gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I think someone is either a genius or the worst player in the world I tend to assume the former. After giving the person insane respect a whole session the person always end up doing something profoundly stupid and loose all my respect.

I think Gold made some decent plays - like laying down AKo against Helmuth. But I think he is a really bad player which shows in his hand against Doyle where he is basicly puts his whole stack at risk with his flush. His hand against DB is pretty funny too. His attempts at trying to manipulate DB into thinking he was on a draw was just hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. He plays like a typical fish, being passive with his big hands and draws, plays garbage hands, failing to value bet, bluffing way too much, calling too much, being pretty transparent in his play and overplaying semi-strong hands. He also does something really annoying and fishlike and that is putting his opponent on a specific hand, like a set and or overcards and sticking to that read no matter what.

He also manages to be smarmy and self-deprecating at the same time somehow.