View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: CDN players - how are you dealling with the low US dollar?

Being from Canada, I've luckily only got ~$1000 USD online, but for me to lose 10% in 1-2 weeks is redic. That's like 2 buyins out of thin air - worse than a bad beat IMO.

I also do some contract work online for people in Europe who up until now have been paying me in USD. Essentially I've lost 20%+ off my rates due to this in the past year. What's my play here? We are month to month so I should be able to change it up with them. Ask them to pay me the same dollar figure in CND or bump my USD rate up 20-25%?

They are obviously benefiting if I don't adjust my rate because they will get the work done 20% cheaper as the Euro vs CND is basically unchanged and I take a 20% pay cut.

If this low USD is really long term I would think switching to CND is +EV because if they go and do something stupid like invade Iran I would expect my monies to be dwindling even further.

I'm also trying to figure out if it's better to cash out now at 1.07-exchange or try to wait it out for parity. I'm worried that it'll do something crazy like drop to 1.15-1.20???