View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Scoring Goals on FIFA 08

[ QUOTE ]
I was a decent player at last year's FIFA, but this year, I can't seem to score at all ... anyone have any tips?

I can get to the corner fairly easily, but the headers miss the net all the time. I'm not using the trick moves much yet b/c I haven't gotten used to them, is that the way to score? Should I be taking long range shots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Utilize the players that are making runs or create the play yourself like I do by using LB on the 360.

Online, a lot of players close down way too quickly. This will allow you to split the center backs easily . . .

Also, utilize all passing options. What I mean is by using lobbed through balls or ground crosses. Most players online just head for the byline and cross it in. This is so easy to defend since its obvious what the player is trying to do.

If a player quickly closes down on you, just lob it over his head if you have someone onside and looking for the through ball. I don't mean punt it over his head . . .

. . . just a simple lob. You'd be amazed how often this works. Another tip, don't always sprint. This will cause your to passes to be less accurate. Don't dwell on the ball but just take it easy and allow those channels to open up themselves . . .