View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sherk is not gonna get cleared.

Hint: he's guilty.

Also on a interesting note Brock Lesnar is debuting in the UFC at UFC 81 against Frank Mir.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter because Dana's stated that Sherk's gonna keep his belt regardless of CSAC's decision. I'm done giving Dana the benefit of the doubt. This dude is a schmuck.

Speaking of...the UFC didn't resign Yushin Okami, who's already signed to K-1 HERO'S. I understand that Yushin is more valuable to K-1, who probably offered him more than the UFC would have, if they even wanted him. But when your middleweight champion just ran roughshod over the entire division, Okami/Franklin fought in a very controversial fight before, and there aren't a lot of MWs available that you can sign...WTF are you doing letting the logical next challenger for the belt just walk away?

Brock Lesnar is fighting Frank Mir on the Super Bowl weekend card. I really like this match up, though its a dangerous fight for Lesnar.

There's some other interesting news that I'm forgetting about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Middleweight right now is the total opposite of 205. At 205, you have a bunch of guys trying to establish themselves to get a shot at Rampage (Griffin, Jardine, Evans, Bisbing, Liddell, Silva, etc) At Middleweight there is such a huge gap between #1 and #2 that I don't know what the answer is. Rich Franklin could have a gatekeeper role I guess, and Okami is pretty 'meh' (at least when compared to Silva) There's talk of Frank Trigg moving up to MW since he can't seem to crack the Hughes/GSP grip on welter. It seems the only thing I can hope for is for Dan Henderson to drop down to 185. Otherwise the division is going to be bereft of compelling matchups for some time to come.

While I'm here I'll make this prediction: If Brock Lesnar wins impressively against Frank Mir, look for a showdown with Tim Silvia for a shot at the heavyweight title.