Thread: The Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: The Rivalry

The title of this thread should be "The Game" after all that what the UM/OSU game always is, The Game.

I had a chance to see a screening of the documentary tonight here in Ann Arbor and it definitely didn't disappoint. I almost wish the game was tomorrow because watching it, especially in a theater, really got my emotions flowing. It also didn't hurt that I was in it for a two second clip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HBO did a wonderful job putting it together. One thing they did a great job of was splitting it down the middle 50/50 for each side. Even as a lifelong Michigan fan and current student, I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories that were told about Woody and the way he approached the game. The fact that he never referred to Michigan as "Michigan" but as "that school up north." And that after the 1968 game when he ran up the score by going for two late in the game, his response to a reporter who question why he went for two when then game was already in hand was, "Because I couldn't go for 3." The Game wouldn't be what it is without the deeply connected history of the two school and states.

Everything that TC has said I feel as well. I spent my youth in the 90s and didn't experience many Michigan defeats. Now the tables have turned and the buckeyes have had the upper hand since Tressel became the coach. Ohio State week is unlike any other. There isn't a moment the game isn't on my mind once the previous Saturday's game end. Players and coaches are remembered for what they did in the this game more than in any other aspect of their career.

Definitely see this. No matter where your alliance falls or if you're more or less neutral, you'll be left with a greater appreciation for The Game and those that live it. And if you are one that has experienced The Game, you'll probably shed a tear or two. oh yea. Go Blue!