View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One reason why im happy to be back in Michigan is because Im gonna be eating venison bratwurst and chewing on venison jerky real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMM, ya. Eating is one of the best parts! We use antelope for sausage and jerky and it is really good too. I am going to experiment with making my own sausage this year so that will be fun and interesting as well! So far I am planning on some breakfast sausage, some summer sausage and pepperoni sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to hear how that goes for you. There are a couple of supposedly really outstanding books on sausage making out now that look really great for someone who has the time and wants to put in the energy. Charcuterie I think they call it? I've gotta say, sausage is often not very good, but excellent sausage is fantastic, and if you get the knack and the knowledge down, the results would probably be incredible and something really to be proud of. You might have all your friends' Christmas presents figured out for the rest of their lives!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Yes, we will have to see how the sausage making goes. It should be fun trying it out anyway.

Meat/Sausage has been given as a christmas present more than once. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]