View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: **The OFFICIAL \"What we\'re taking next semester\" thread**

[ QUOTE ]
CaseClosed, how would you rate your WIU experience overall?

[/ QUOTE ]
My experience here at WIU has been a mixed big. There are a lot of teachers whom I have really enjoyed. In the poli sci/history departments over here I was educated by people with a lot of different political backgrounds, which I think is a huge plus. I did not have to sit through non-stop liberal preaching. I started out as a history secondary education major but I was really turned off by our education department, but that was mostly because I realized that was not what I wanted to do with my life.

I was able to keep myself really busy with a lot of extra curricular activities which we have a lot of here.

The one thing that sucks that I did not plan for was the lack of real sports. It's hard to get excited for a game that has no value to me. Also the lack of respect this school gets is something that I have had to deal with and will continue to deal with whenever I apply for jobs when I graduate. The student body here is pretty stupid to be straightforward wit that. It’s irritating at times to rarely have a conversation with anyone that is not about getting absolutely [censored] faced 4 nights a week.

I don't know what I would give it on a scale of one to ten or anything like that but I think it's a better school than most people give it credit for and is defiantly a school that is doing their best to go in the right direction. I really enjoyed my time here at this school and I enjoyed the community that surrounds it.