View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: I let an injustice stand...

There's the letter of the law and there's the spirit of being an upstanding human.

Similar story, in my regular Monday game with a bunch of drunk stoned sometimes violent people (never at the game, at least not to others, and rarely at all)... anyway, there was a crazy multiple all-in pot, and we all got confused and didn't realize that the winner of the tiny side-pot (me) was also the winner of the huge main pot. Or something, I forget the details. Anyway, we're starting on the next hand when some table banter reveals that I should've been shipped it. The guy who got the chips pushed them to me immediately. He wasn't happy about it, but who can blame him? I believe that he didn't see it, either.

So, anyway, my adivce is also to try to fix the situation best you can, either from the winner or from a pool collected from others who care about honesty and integrity above angle-shooting. Yes, it's up to the players to protect their hands, but we're all in this crazy adventure together and we should look out for each other, too. No bad can come of it. You'll feel better about yourselves and may inspire others.