View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Ever Been Threatened in a Card Room?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be scared of him, let him hit you and then HIT HIM BACK!!! Whenever someone wants to fight me I say "you go right ahead and throw the first punch so I can take everything you own." Typically, if they value money at all, they realize they are dumb and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i came home with a bloody nose for the first time at age 11, my dad told me 3 things that i'll never forget...

at the time, they made no sense, but now, i'll use them when my own son gets into his first fight..

1. if someone hits you, hit them back
2. if you think someone is going to hit you, hit them first
3. never get into a fight

blew my mind at 12 years old, but now, it's makes perfect sense...

i don't back down from sunglasses dude. i'm fairly sure my response to 'listen, you call me out like that again, we're going outside, and you're not coming back' is:

'let's go outside, then'

at that point, it's a freeroll.

i take my chances against most people...if he gets me, i call it a loss. if i get him, which i'm fairly sure of at that point, i remind him that he called me out, and if the cops are involved, i'll tell my story..

win/win.

i've said this once or twice on this board, but i'm looking for those kinds of free chances nowadays...i'm 28, 10 years ago, we'd fight over words. now, i'm worried about hurting someone/jail. if i'm convinced i have a reason, we're throwing...

don't let people intimidate you like that..you'll regret it later..