View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: My bankroll managment connundrum

[ QUOTE ]
Paying down debt is a form of saving money. Essentially you are investing in a $9K bond with a high interest rate. The fact that you issued the bond a few years ago is not important.

$26K is too much money for a 10/20 player to have sitting on a poker site, especially when you don't have much other money. PokerStars has a great reputation but you shouldn't confuse it with a bank. Something could go wrong at any time and you would be in a nearly desperate situation. Plus you are earning no return on investment for the excess portion of your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something im curious about....

Ive been leaving most of my money on poker stars bceause I figure theres a significant cost depositing money if I have a huge downswing.

What do the high stakes players do? How do they go about withdrawling/despositing large sums of money?
Do the people playing the 1k$/2k$ limit games have a million dollars lying around on their poker stars accounts?
that seems so risky...

A problem for me is that I want to multi-site, but its kind of biatch moving money around while avoiding the hassle/charges associated with it..

For example, imagine I have only 10k$ on stars and 10k$ on two other sites. Then imagine I go on a big downswing and lose 6k$ at stars.

Even though my total roll is still 14k$, its pretty awkward 4 tabling 10/20 when I know my roll might run out on one site.. so im essentially forced to transfer money from one site to the other... blunting my ability to game select.

I Should figure a way to transfer between all these sites without any cost...

Thanks for the words all... I was surprised at the unanimous conclusion.. I figured a few people would say "wtf, dont be a pussy, move up".