View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

Barely even skimmed the replies because this thread is so massive, butttttt I'll chime in with my thoughts.

1. Doyle's fold is bad, period. Jamie would play any flush the same way, and he is literally playing ANY TWO SUITED. He could also have QT, two pair, or air.

Here is how Doyle is doing against all flush combos. Please note that cards that are already in play either on the board or in doyle's hand are taken into account, so ignore the fact that they appear to be included in the calculation, they aren't.

Just against flushes, he is 53%. Add in straight, two pair, semibluff and complete air and we're doing very well against Jamie's range. As far as mistakes go, Doyle made a pretty costly one.

Jamie played exceptionally bad today, wtf is he doing in the KTs hand? It should be pretty obvious that DB is going to double barrell the turn with his entire range given the way the hand played out, at least that was my impression.

Overall it was a good episode though, some interesting hands and the table was pretty entertaining. Looking forward to next week.

Also, I don't mind the way Antonio played his AA postflop, and truth be told in this case he probably got maximum value by calling down than he would have by raising, because I don't think Barry is calling a raise anywhere.