View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: New to OOT. Have custody of my nephews. LONG

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like a nice guy who cares about his family even though they may be a bunch of [censored] ups so I will give you some serious advice. Tell your wife to stop being so selfish, sometimes there are things in this world that are out of her control. This is one of those times. You have a responsibility to these children at this point and putting them back into foster care would be wrong and possibly/probably detrimental to their well being. I am actually surprised anyone could be married to a woman who is so selfish that she wants to put these children back into foster care.

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is exactly right. If your wife can't see the good she is doing for two children that you obviously care very much for then she is amazingly selfish. To get rid of the kids so she can go shopping or get her hair done makes me happy that she never had any. I realize that she didn't have them because she didn't want the responsibility but that doesn't change the fact that she is showing some true colors here. These are kids for christs sake.

Tell her to suck it up. It's a few more years of "inconvienence" for a lifetime of knowing you went to bat for her family and the human race.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think children need to be slapped on occasion if they misbehave so they know there are consequences. What you should do is get your belt out and use it on the 17 years, the 12 year and your wife when necessary so everyone knows who the man in the house is. All problems solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is terrible. Take a belt to a 17 year old? LOL. This isn't 1920.

Tuco.