View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: I let an injustice stand...

Several things:

Was no one else paying attention? As players we all have the responsibilty to make sure things are run in a fair and consitent manner. (assuming you're paying attention - no requiremnt there though. Games on TV, feel free to watch it)

Does the "old lady " have problems reading the board? Players that might have some difficulty if the game starts moving fast - be it age, newness, or just a little slow at keeping track if action gets fast, need extra protection. Making sure proper procedures are followed under these circumstances become even more important.

How competent is the winner of this hand to realize what happened? Would he keep quiet knowing it should be a chop?

Do your dealers push forward the winning cards? If so he would push forward the A, A, king next and then the queen. This would clearly identify this as a split pot.

Personally I tend not to feel sorry for a player that allows a pot to be "stolen" from them. As a player you need to protect yourself - protect your cards, verify whats on the board, wait for an opponent to reveal his cards rather than taking his verbal declaration of what he has, etc.

But, if I was the player that did happen to be awarded the pot in this instance I would give the lady back her portion when / if I saw her again. It's not required, no rule says I have too, but I wouldn't feel right keeping it.