View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

Just because someone is in Hollywood and has contact with big stars does not mean they are also well off. There is a big difference between what was said in the wiki post and how some of you are extrapolating it.

Jaime could have worked on a Sopranos episode and did some talent work for James G. and it would be correct to say James G. was at one time a client of his. I never read anything that said he exclusively represented such big stars.

Remember, he had to make a deal just to put up a measly 10k to enter the main event. Im not saying he was poor before the win, but to say he is a millionare and then have to sell half urself for 10k doesnt compute.

As to the doyle/gold hand, people can continue to post about how Doyle was playing above the rim and make a good fold, but I dont think that is the case.

They have all played with Jaime enough. Heck, we have seen this guy play for two seasons now and can see he is willing to stack of with AK on an ace high board. Only two flushes beat Doyle, and I think there is a strong chance Jaime has a set there as well. Overall, a fold is not the absolute worst play ever, but cmon it was not a good one. I dont think Doyle wanted such a huge pot early on. Even the best ones make mistakes.