View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: NYC poker: safety and legalization

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is the standard operating policy for most owners in Manhattan.

[/ QUOTE ]

To call the cops after a robbery where nobody was injured?

[/ QUOTE ]

To call the cops during. Remember this has happened only a handful of times, nobody - including the room operators has too much experience with robberies.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'm not disagreeing with about that they would call the police during a robbery if they could. That scenario makes sense. getting arrested for the relatively small offenses involved here is much less severe then getting shot. No question.

Thats not the point we were making. And I'm not really sure why you don't see the difference between the two scenarios.

And robberies at underground clubs are not that rare. They aren't everyday experiences, but even in upstate NY I knew of several robberies, and heard first hand accounts of robberies going back many many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

psandman - this is a thread about NYC and NYC only. Upstate, Long Island, and home games are all different situations. i have spoken with three news outlets in 48 hours, all they are concerned with is the robberies in NY.

And yes, they are statistically rare in NYC. Two so far in 2007, thats a better record than some banks.