View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: The PPA, lets talk numbers vs results.

[ QUOTE ]
"The actual cost to the PPA of all of those $5,000 freerolls is hard to calculate given the cross mix of sponsorship and leadership. Nevertheless, someone feels they paid that money regardless if the money actually went through the PPA budget directly"

I would expect that the "cost" is ZERO. It would have been monumentally STUPID for it to have been anything else. Unless you have some basis for suggesting that, please refrain from raising such red herrings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I too doubt that the money for these efforts came out of the PPA's budget. I.E. the PPA did not have to pay PS or FT to run these events nor pony up the cash for the prizes.

However FT and PS as major sponsors of the PPA among others.

I raise the point only in terms of general costs vs rewards only. In some form of accounting some amount of money was spent in accumulating the contact information gained from these events. I do know that the PPA also expended some time and money on cleaning up the database because of players entering mutiple events. That is a direct expense out of the PPA's operating budget.

This IMO is a real "cost" of the over all effort.

D$D