View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Finding Chips On The Floor

[ QUOTE ]
semi-related i suppose:

last time i was in vegas i was staying at paris. i bought in for cash of approx $1000 a few different times at various games (whether i still had chips from my previous buy in or not). i think over the course of 4 days i had bought in for about $5K. when i was ready to leave i had $6.5K in chips and they gave me a really really hard time cashing out. they called the last pit i was at - were told i bought in for 1K, left with 1.5K, yada yada, the cage starting saying they weren't going to pay me. of course i flipped out and started yelling (i have a short temper when it comes to screwing me out of money that is rightfully mine). i was screaming that its not like i won 20k or something - i bought in for 5, was cashing out for 6.5...in the end i got money of course, but it took about 45 minutes and i had to stand there and suffer the embarrasment of being treated like a criminal to get money, 85% of which was mine before i walked into the damn place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bellagio did this to me a couple of years ago. It was very irritating to be asked for my players card and then be told that I have not been gambling enough to have the amount of chips I was cashing out. I believe it was about 4K. They called over a supervisor and everything. Once I explained that I was just paid out from a poker tournament they looked up my name on the entrants list and let me cash out (took about 15 minutes). It was very late at night and I was already pissed about just getting bounced from the tournament and I almost lost it on them.